Tech Product Owner for Credit and Equities
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Manage requirements from initiation to closure by working with business stakeholders and technology delivery teams.
- Identify and engage stakeholders, define Responsible/Accountable/Consulted/Informed (RACI) matrix suitable for the project.
- Lead discussions with the project team to identify actions and steps required to achieve business goals and needs.
- Develop Business Requirement as JIRA backlog, establish traceability to business vision and objectives, act as primary SME for the project.
- Ensure requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience: understandable and unambiguous.
- Perform Operational Risk Assessment and Business Impact Assessment if required as part of the project deliverable.
- Plan, review and/or deliver training, process updates or communications.
- Review FSDs, User Acceptance Test (UAT) test cases; coordinate User Verification Test (UVT), Dress Rehearsal (DR) and Go-Live activities.
- Obtain stakeholder buy-in and sign-off on business requirements.
- Create sustainable business value through solution proposed and implemented by proactively suggesting process/system improvements.
- Adhere to change management standards & procedures, including documenting and capturing all artefacts required by project governance.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and deliver technology solutions across an Investment Bank trading business.
- Strong hands-on business analyst with strong product knowledge and a proven track record of working on large, multi-country technology solutions within investment banking.
- Strong understanding of Equity products, knowledge of Convertible Bonds, Exchange Traded Derivatives and structured products is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of front-to-back pricing, risk management, trade processing, booking and lifecycle along with a good understanding of trading infrastructure.
- Experienced in Agile/Scrum methodology but also familiar with SDLC and aware of the respective limitations.
- Experienced in gathering requirements, writing clear functional specifications/stories and transforming requirements/specifications into functional diagrams (data flows, functional and system views).
- Strong scope and accountability management and experienced in removing impediments to delivery.
- Knowledge of end-to-end change management.
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks and work streams concurrently.
- Experience of delivering complex system to system interfaces, workflows, reports and managing the full cycle: scope, specifications, testing plans, SIT, UAT, UVT and delivery.
- Strong written and verbal communications with the ability to tailor the message to the intended audience.
- Able to engage and influence stakeholders across multiple levels within the organisation
- Ability to work within in a dynamic business environment, providing clarity and facilitating discussions to reach consensus/business decisions.
- Successfully achieved a Masters level in Science/Technology.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a globally distributed team.
- Meticulous, systematic approach with attention to detail, demonstrating a strong analytical mindset.
- Ability to learn new tools/systems (risk, processing systems) and understanding technology and functional designs.
- Strong knowledge of PL/SQL and Excel, Powerpoint, JIRA, Confluence.
- Strong experience in reports design.
- Strong knowledge of API based design.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- Excellent communication skills in all forms (business writing in particular) to all audiences and the ability to promote change.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, self-starter, autonomous self-motivated, multi-tasking with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, solution oriented.
- Ability to stay calm and focused when under pressure to deliver a service.
- Willing and able to work alongside more experienced team members to obtain knowledge.
- Good team spirit.
- Extreme curiousness.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.