Team Manager, General insurance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- To supervise a team of Insurance to effectively generate business revenue and achieve the team target from new / existing customers through outbound calls and inbound calls
- To supervise a team to acquire insurance business
- To achieve designated network contribution in insurance business
- To cultivate and maintain good business relationship with business referral
- To increase business volume through new initiatives
- To collect and advise management of market information and recommend action plan if necessary and cross-selling opportunities
- To organise, plan, monitor and report for sales activities & resources on campaign / program performance
- To recommend improvements in sales processes to ensure constant improvement in sales effectiveness & productivity
- To ensure the team following internal DOI "Departmental Operation Instruction" and Procedure manual from Product Team to handle day-to-day application procedure
- To ensure the team clear deliver product features / charges to clients clearly
- To enhance the team, selling skill and objections handling skill
- To monitor application
- To handle clients' complaints
- To enhance the team's skill on financial advice and to offer tailor-made customer solutions
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and ensure all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for the roles
- To manage, motivate and develop team to improve their skills and upgrade their professionalism.
- To maintain the enthusiasm and buzz needed to ensure the secure successful team results
- To provide coaching, mentoring, feedback and on-the-job training to team members, where required
- To polish and enhance staff's sales and services skills by clinics and rounds
- To conduct staff performance review and to facilitate the creation of Individual Learning & Development Plan.
- To comply with the control requirements in the Procedures Manual relevant to respective job responsibilities in Personal Client Centre, Voice & Victual.
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager
- To comply with all relevant policies and procedures covering regulatory, local and group requirements.
- Responsibilities relating to the direction, planning, structure, frameworks (e.g processes and policies) and oversight. For example, Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Insurance, Client Centre , Hong Kong Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Product Team
- Fulfilment Team
- Operation Team
- Business Partner
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Voice and Victual, Hong Kong Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Refer to respective training curriculum;
- RI & TR license registrations
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.