Excellent opportunity to join a global fund administrator & lead their fund accounting team.
Mainstream Group Holdings Limited (ASX: MAI) provides fund services underpinned by investment in people, processes and technology. We provide administration services to over 1,100 funds, more than 150,000 investors and assets in excess of AUD $246 billion. Globally we employ more than 300 people, with operations in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, United States, Cayman Islands, Ireland, Isle of Man and Malta. About the role
Our Fund Accounting team are responsible for providing end to end fund accounting services to to various Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds . Our Team Leader, fund accounting would be responsible for reviewing the valuation & other fund accounting reports as prepared by fund accountants in the team. The ideal candidate would be the one with hands-on experience in NAV, capital calls, distribution, financial statements or fund operations. Coordinate with the team members to ensure smooth operation of the day-to-day business. Assist manager to create best practices and improve work process.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Provide timely and accurate fund accounting services.
- Review/Prepare fund valuation, NAV calculation for Hedge Funds.
- Process corporate actions, reconciliations of cash and positions to the custodian / Prime Brokers.
- Review instructions and general capital activities management
- Preparation of financial statements
- Review and improve processes and procedures to increase efficiencies
- Respond to client requests, review and improve processes and procedures
- Provide strong leadership and coaching junior team members
- Provide technical guidance to team members And ensure all work is adequately reviewed prior to issuance
- Projects and other: Manage and lead projects to improve processes and procedures including satisfy the requests/ requirements from auditors and clients
- Support risk and compliance initiatives
5 Reasons to work at Mainstream
- Degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
- CPA / CA preferred
- You will have at least 3 years experience within a similar role or experience as senior fund accountant with potential and ability to review work and lead a team, ideally from a funds management/financial services/ fund services background.
- You will have highly advance excel skills and strong stakeholder communication and reporting skills.
- You will also demonstrate experience in handling multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment and thrive on working in a team
- Growing company with lots of opportunity for career progression and further promotion.
- Work directly with pre-eminent fund managers and industry leaders.
- Well regarded fund administration experts, from end to end.
- Central location with regular social events.
- Invaluable on-the-job learning and study support.
- Our Clients Come First
- Get it Right, First Time
- Prioritise People
- Be Solution Focused
- Work as One Team