Tax – Financial Services, International and Transaction Tax – Senior Manager / Director (Private Equity)
EY Private Equity (PE) Tax services provides tax advisory, transaction support and tax compliance services to some of the world's largest private equity funds and institutional investors.
Join the network of international tax professionals who help clients manage all aspects of a private equity tax function, including acquisition structuring, fund set up and design as well as managing global tax risks and meeting cross-border obligations.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to provide excellent services to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime
Your key responsibilities
- Help to define and grow an exciting practice of tax professionals working in the private capital and direct investing area.
- Work closely with the top global PE houses and LP’s active in APAC.
- Providing deal structuring (including holding structures and financing) advice in relation to real estate, private equity and infrastructure investments in various jurisdictions across Asia.
- Reviewing tax matters in relation to deal team financial models and tax due diligence / structuring assistance.
- Coordination with various internal and external parties to ensure the timely delivery of sophisticated tax planning, monitoring, and implementing efficient tax advice to various fund clients
- Providing and coordinating the provision of local and offshore tax advice and compliance in relation to restructures, refinancing and disposals of investments.
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to complex situations
To qualify for the role you must have
- An undergraduate degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, taxation, economics, finance or law (an advanced degree in economics, law, tax or accounting is desirable)
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant tax advisory services’ experience gained from sizable public accounting firm or financial industry with at least 3 years at a managerial level leading clients engagements; Candidate with less experience will be considered as Manager / Senior
- Either private equity tax or cross-border M&A tax advisory experience is desirable
- Experience across multiple jurisdictions would be an advantage
- Strong tax technical skills
- Strong negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Fluent English, Mandarin and Cantonese an advantage
- Ideally, you’ll also have
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.