Tax – Corporate Services - Accounting Compliance & Reporting – Senior Accountant
EY’s Accounting Compliance & Reporting services provides a range of accounting, statutory reporting and tax compliance support to assist our clients on the internal finance functions, including bookkeeping, financial statements preparation and other accounting functions. We are looking for high calibre professionals to join us.
Your key responsibilities
- Participate in daily Bookkeeping, Accounting & Compliance Reporting engagements
- Prepare monthly financial report, vouchers and all the necessary schedules
- Meet all the due dates as set by the Manager or above
- Work effectively as a team member, share responsibility, provide support, maintaining communication and update senior team members on engagement’s progress
- Archive engagements’ reports and correspondences on timely basis and Firm’s policies
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients
- Follow through on client requests in a timely fashion, and manage expectations regarding the timing of deliverables and reports
- Build strong internal relationships within the team and across other service lines
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Receive direction from the Manager or above and execute procedures using the service delivery framework
- Review works of junior grade, provide daily guidance and coaching to professionals and help mentor, develop and evaluate them
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting
- A holder of professional qualification such as HKICPA, AICPA, CICPA qualification
- Not less than 4 years’ accounting experience in Big4, sizable CPA firms, renowned consulting firm or manufacturing MNC is an advantage
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of PRC GAAP, IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Excellent knowledge of computer skill including MS Office, MS Excel, and an integrated ERP System (SAP, Dynamics, Oracle or similar), etc
- Good command of English with fluent Mandarin
- Hands-on experience in month end closing process, account reconciliation, and tax compliance work
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, time-management skills and with strong sense of responsibilities
- Excellent commitment to job, positive initiative, a good team player and with right attitude to work; and technically competent in resolving day to day operations relating to accounting matters
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our services. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and hospitalization benefits, group life and personal accident insurance, annual leave and Mandatory Provident Fund and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- If you’re looking for a role that’ll challenge you, give you opportunities to grow and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.