- Hong Kong
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 22 Nov 17
Talent Acquisition and Assesment Specialist- 12 months direct contract
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Responsible for developing appropriate resource acquisition strategies, and managing the end-to-end resourcing process to deliver agreed targets for roles within assigned business areas for the high value segment ensuring that the right candidates are recruited, at the right time, at the right price. Partnering with the business, the role holder will provide both consultative and transactional Resourcing support to deliver a comprehensive and value added service, covering the recruitment of all employed worker (internal and external) hires.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Business Needs Discussion:
* Conducting structured business needs discussions with hiring managers before candidate search commences, identifying the key role and candidate requirements, and agreeing the sourcing and selection strategy, SLA and respective roles and accountabilities, updating the JR accordingly;
* Agreeing sourcing and administration needs with TA Coordinators;
* Providing a full consultative service to line managers with regards to the recruitment industry and market trends.
* Designing and delivering innovative sourcing strategies and solutions to meet business growth needs and generate diverse pools of applicants whilst closely controlling cost bases;
* Developing multi-hire sourcing approaches and working in partnership with colleagues across the network to tap in to overseas sourcing channels and co-ordinate global campaigns;
* Continuously attracting candidates to work for the Bank by promoting the organization as an employer of choice in the market place, partnering with internal and external stakeholders to drive both short and long term employer branding initiatives.
* Developing effective pre-screening questions in PeopleSoft to maximize process efficiency, short listing CVs against the JR requirements, actively reviewing and challenging the diversity of talent pools;
* Efficient end to end applicant management for each JR i.e. timely review and short listing of applications, promptly updating applicants and responding to any queries, liaising with TA Coordinator regarding interview and assessment arrangements, briefing and preparing candidates for interview (directly or via agencies);
* Conducting preliminary and behavioral interviews, as required, assessing candidates to ensure cultural fit for the bank, values alignment, long term potential, and technical fit for roles (via telephone or face to face where possible), setting realistic role expectations;
* Advising hiring managers on the selection tools available for different roles (e.g. Gallup interviews), developing relevant interview questions and analyzing structured selection interview reports (as required) to assess the implications of candidates' strengths profiles,;
* Advising hiring managers on which candidates to progress to the next stage, ensuring the right recruitment decisions are made, challenging the business' recommendations as required;
* Completing legal right to work and address verification during interview process;
* Managing any rejections who may be potentials for other roles, ensuring that rejections are handled appropriately and candidate contact is maintained (via Resourcing Coordinators, as appropriate);
* Co-coordinating timely provision of feedback between the hiring manager, suppliers (where relevant) and candidates. Responsible for updating interview notes in PeopleSoft and ensuring timely and appropriate completion of the same by co-interviewers.
* Negotiating offers between hiring managers, suppliers (where relevant) and candidates, assisting in the negotiation of release dates and backfill requirements where applicable. Working in partnership with Reward and hiring managers to establish competitive, effective total reward packages in line with budgets and global policies;
* Liaising with TA Coordinator to ensure timely contract issuance following verbal offer;
* Managing work permit applications and extensions for new hires and in-country transfers, where required;
* Improving candidate conversion rates (first offer made to acceptance ratio) through effectively diagnosing and selling the most relevant points for each individual about the role, the Bank, the brand, benefits etc.
Qualifications and Skills
Strong experience in resourcing for finance or banking and understanding of the control environment
Attention to details with solid awareness of risk and control issues
Leadership skills and ability to lead discussions with multiple stakeholders to drive issues towards resolutions
Ability to manage and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders from all functions within the bank
Committed, meticulous, courageous, equipped with good communication and writing skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.