TRAINEE: Trader Assistant - Market Finance - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
You will be in charge of facilitating trading desks on ad-hoc reporting mostly and analysis needs linked to P&L and risk, the scope is fixed income activity. On top of that automation through tool creation/enhancement will take a significant part of your time. Your mission will consist of (but not be limited to): End User Computing tools maintenance/enhancement/creation
- Maintain and enhance existing End-User Computing software written in VBA or python
- Work closely with Front Office to improve their processes and prepare integration into global tools
- Lead new development project independently:
- Communicate with users to get new enhancement
- Study impact of new requests on existing applications and processes
- Deliver enhancement on budget and on time
- Propose innovative technical solutions and implement them using the latest technologies
- Produce and certify the daily risk analysis to FO for intraday hedging
- Assist the business on specific requests
- Set up new risk analysis/sensitivities when needed
- Optimize process
- Develop new tools
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Economics or similar
- Previous relevant experience is preferred
- Good team player, innovative and self-motivated
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and quick to adapt
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA. Department Description
Trader Assistant (TDA) is a support function department within Global Markets Business Management Office.
The primary mission of the department is to produce, analyze unofficial (intraday) risks and P&L which are only designed for Front-Office.
The activities covered by Trader Assistants include Equities & Derivatives, Fixed Income & Currencies.
As a regional hub of Asia Pacific, HK TDA's function covers activities in countries such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, India, China and Australia.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 2020/12/01
Publication date: 2020/11/12