TRAINEE: Full Stack Developer - Information Technology Hong Kong
- Design and implement solutions that address user's local requirements
- Collect and analyse customer requests into detailed stories by interacting with Product Owner /Business Analysts
- Develop code using Software Craftmanship best practices such as behaviour/Test driven development, continuous integration/delivery/deployment, legacy refactoring tasks
- Develop code leveraging a diverse technology eco-system and deliver working software across multiple layers of the technology stack
- Participate in testing, deployment and production activities of the team to ensure production stability
- Support and maintain the portfolio of applications
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information System or similar
- Proven years of C#/.NET related technology development and PL/SQL
- Knowledge in developing Web API (RESTful API, SOAP Web Service)
- Knowledge of Web Application development using HTML5/Angular/React framework is a plus
- Knowledge of agile methodology or Devops framework is a plus
- Strong analytical mindset, attention to details, critical thinking, solution oriented, think out of the box
- Passion for innovation, technology and building system from the ground-up
- Professional attitude: Self-motivated, fast learner, team player, independent, ability to handle multiple tasks and functional topic simultaneously
- PC skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong team player and communication skills and a self-starter
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Information Technology Department provides and maintains IT solutions to support the business's growth. Finance Risk and Market Data is a regional team with 80 people based in Hong Kong, covering the Asia Pacific region. The development team drives the IT solutions for the Finance department across Asia Pacific, covering specifically Accounting and Regulatory Reporting projects across the locations.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 19000UAJ
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 05/01/2020
Date of publication: 06/11/2019