TRAINEE: Credit Analyst - Corporate and Investment Banking Hong Kong
- Conduct first level credit analysis for corporate counterparts by preparing concise, critical and well-argued credit proposals
- Perform second level credit analysis for Asia Pacific client groups for requests originated by overseas SG units
- Assist senior analysts in recommending and reviewing credit limits in a partnership relationship with marketers based on bank's risk appetite and client's credit profile
- Conduct periodic credit facility renewal and maintain clear and updated documentation in all credit files including financial statements, financial spreading, credit applications, validation records, internal and external correspondence
- Coordinate the Annual Review process between different locations that may be in a different time zone (France and several countries in Africa)
- Assist senior analysts in expediting and monitoring the credit approval process by liaising with marketers and approval officers
- Review and assess client's credit risk rating at least annually, or as driven by special events, based on internal and external ratings and analytical tools
- Follow up and improve on audit and internal credit compliance issues
- Monitor credit exposure, concentration risk, verify data accuracy, credit commitment and outstanding
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Corporate Finance
- Strong knowledge of credit analysis (solid understanding of financial statement, accounting, finance)
- Basic understanding of Banking Products
- Strong autonomy and adaptation skills
- Proactivity and rigor are essential
- Fluent in French is mandatory
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 10,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Junior analyst will be a member of the Credit Management Group based in Hong Kong, and report to its supervisor in Paris and to the Head of Credit Management Group Asia in Hong Kong. The analyst will provide balanced and objective credit assessments to business requests, develop and assume full analytical responsibility to support the overall credit approval process for existing corporate clients. Importantly, this is also a transversal role with coverage for other locations (Paris, Tokyo, Seoul, Hong-Kong), with a focus on African countries.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000G06
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 13/07/2020