TRAINEE: COO Assistant - Risks Hong Kong
- Assist in preparing dashboard for projects progress, budget used Defining & leading strategic projects roadmap orientations
- Ensure an efficient link with market & counterpart risk chief operational officer Asia and Paris COO team on projects
- Be aware of the evolutions of systems and properly disseminate the information within market & counterpart risk chief operational officer
- Gather our needs, translate into development requests, communicate to COO and partners, and ensure the follow up
- Assist in digitalization initiatives
- Ensure global uniformity of our processes, and the global application of our policies and procedures
- Act a relay on data quality matters alongside the data quality office
- Take part in the design and production of the Dashboard
- Coordinate with all macro-reporting and automation of reports
- Maintain planning for market & counterpart risk Asia team (important due dates: risk committee, chief risk officer meeting, market risk or valuation committees, recommendations, ...)
- Hold a relevant Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering, Business Administration or similar
- Ability to work efficiently and in team setting
- Experiences in Risk, Business, product control department
- Obtain finance market/counterpart risks knowledge and global knowledge on Information system
- Strong Excel skill required preferred (macro set up for reporting automatization)
- Ability to solve problems, work under pressure and propose new ideas
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract. Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The market risk team for the ASIA region is part of the Asia Risk division: the global Asia market Risk team headquartered in Paris. All strategic decisions are made with the full cooperation of both teams Asia Risks direction and market & counterpart risk, and adhere to Directive 36 Appendix 3 on Market, Liquidity and Structural Risks. The Market Risk department oversights for the Asia Chief Risk Officer and SG Group Risk division Market Liquidity and Structural Risks in ASIA region, designs regulatory models and validates pricing and liquidity models.
Within market & counterpart risk chief operational officer dedicated to Asia market & counterpart risks team, the COO mission will be to assist the head of the department in the following functions:
- Transformation, either through global or local/transversal projects or continuous improvement initiatives
- Propose and maintain the right Governance
- Management and animation of the teams
Under the direct responsibility of the head of market & counterpart risk chief operational officer APAC, you will be care of transversal topics for the whole team needs.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000R3N
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 03/10/2019