- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- TEKsystems Hong Kong
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
I.T Security, Server hardening, Virtualisation
The company is a leading technology company that offers consultancy services on cloud (public, private, Hybrid), IT security and onsite support solutions.
The company is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Hong Kong, with a strong culture in developing there own employees technology skill – sets and are dedicated to internally promoting there employees, giving the potential candidate a lot of opportunity to move into other technology areas that they want to explore as well as a lot of opportunity for career advancement.
Day – to - Day
- Installs and configures Windows server hardware and software, to include physical and virtual servers, Windows Server, Active Directory, IIS, VMware ESX, Virtual Center and V - Motion
- Assumes a primary role in the testing of new equipment.
- Provides support for legacy Linux and Novell E-Directory systems during conversion to Active Directory.
- Troubleshoots legacy Linux, Windows and ESX server and OS issues. Independently utilizes all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution of server issues.
- Develops operating procedures for system administration activities including system monitoring, performance tuning, backup/recovery, server architecture design and system maintenance.
- Follows operating procedures and utilizes established support tools for analysis and reporting requirements.
- Assist in any server upgrade projects / I.T security implementation project.
- Conduct server hardening procedures to secure the security of server infrastructure
Specific Skills / Qualifications
- The desired candidate must have minimum 3+ years experience in system administration experience.
- Must have experience in support and administration for Windows platforms which may include Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office 2016/2013/2010, Windows Server 2012/2008 (Active Directory Administration / Group Policy), Microsoft Exchange Server
- Strong English Communication Skills
Interested candidates please apply and upload your CV
Alex Fraser is a specialist candidate manager based in Hong Kong working within the IT infrastructure industry. My sole mission is to be able to provide the highest quality service to both my clients and candidates to ensure a smooth process in the job hiring process.