At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
To support operation needs and assist to develop technological advancement platform through conducting application system design, analysis, development and maintenance. Job responsibilities:
- Provide effective application system solution and support by conducting application development design & enhancement and understanding business process and requirements. Assist in preparation of testing strategies.
- Ensure quality systems development work is performed in accordance with the systems development methodology and guidelines.
- Ensure timely project delivery through planning project schedule and resources requirements, assisting to monitor project progress and manage vendors, and coordinating testing and implementation activities.
- Lead and coach Senior Analyst Programmers and Analyst Programmers to complete assigned jobs and ensure quality day-to-day system support is provided
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum 8 years working experience in Information Technology with at least 3 years for Java / .Net Developer
- Strong application knowledge in insurance, banking and finance system
- Strong in design, development and testing methodologies
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software or scripts
- RDBMS database structures and design
- Proficient working with large data volumes (e.g. millions to billions of records)
- Proficient performance tuning SQL, including use of explains plans, partitions, hints, etc.
- Proficient in use of SQL and SQL scripts
- Proficient in database concepts and constructs, including data models (normalization, foreign key, surrogate key, etc)
- Experience working with source code management tools (e.g. Github, Bitbucket)
- Familiar with Agile Methodology
- Experience in Automated Testing Tool, for unit test and functional end to end test, for both backend and frontend mobile. Have the mind set / experience of Test-Driven Development.
- Independent, self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively with all levels
- Good command of both written and spoken English, Mandarin and Chinese
- Past experience in Windows and IBM AIX Unix environment
- Past experience in Insurance Package, Imaging & Workflow, Mobile technology, Web Portals, Single Customer View Platform, Web Portal and Mobile Apps is an added advantage
- Hands on experience on Cloud solution is an advantage