System Analyst / Senior System Analyst
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 19
System Analyst / Senior System Analyst
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 534,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- Manage projects implementation
- Carry out feasibility study of any new requirements
- Prepare documentation on requirement, technical specification and user manual
- Perform system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and technologies
- Gather business requirements, perform analysis and work out project prioritization which agree with business and IT team.
- Prepare SIT / UAT test plan and manage test execution and documentation to ensure completeness and traceability.
- Ensure change requests are well managed and prioritized according the change management control
- Coordinate and facilitate the project execution related activities
- Perform user training and prepare user manual
- Coordinate with IT and user team on system deployment arrangement
- Manage offshore IT developers
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 5 years' related working experience
- Experience in development and implementation of finance or insurance application systems
- Proficient in Java EE / MS .Net application development, preferably with knowledge on Mobile app (IOS/Android) development experience
- Knowledge on node.js, Angular is preferred
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring Boot, Docker, API Management, SOA/Microservices, Devops and MQ Series preferred
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) is required
- Experience to manage offshore IT developers preferred
- Good knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Good project management (Waterfall/Agile Scrum) and communication skills, able to work with user departments and vendors
- Good analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Good team player, self-initiative and pro-active
Candidate with more experience will be considered as Senior System Analyst.
- We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.