System Analyst (Data Engineer), Information Technology
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Responsible for system design, development and support of data platform
- Involve in project lifecycle including user requirement collection, analysis and solution design, development, SIT, UAT, documentation and ongoing support
- Establish standards of the data platform to support the evolving data-driven business
- Support Data Governance tools and process to govern the data within Data Lake
- Coordinate with business parties and IT Application team on testing and system deployment arrangement
- Assist team lead in project management
- Manage external vendors and lead a small team to achieve designated initiatives
- Provide BAU support services
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 6 years' related to data platform working experience
- Experience in ETL, data management, data pipeline and data mart implementation
- Proficient in SQL
- Working knowledge of ETL (Talend, Informatica or DataStage), Hadoop/Hortonworks
- Preferably with good knowledge of data management best practices
- Experience in Waterfall/Agile Scrum software development approaches
- Good communication skills, able to work with user departments and vendors
- Knowledge in data mining, machine learning, Python is a big plus
- Good analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Good team player, self-initiative and pro-active
- Able to work under pressure
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.