System Analyst (Angular, Node.js), Information Technology
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Development of web portals, API integrations with different systems
- Gather business requirements, perform analysis and work out project prioritization which agree with business and IT team
- Prepare documentation on functional and technical specification
- Perform system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement
- Prepare SIT / UAT test plan and manage test execution and documentation to ensure completeness and traceability
- Ensure change requests are well managed and prioritized according the change management control
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' related working experience for System Analyst position
- Experience in application development and implementation of finance or insurance application systems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Solid experience with application development using Angular, Node.js and/or React
- Experience with mobile development is a plus
- Proficient in MS SQL/Oracle
- Experience with Microservice, API and Web Services, e.g. REST, SOAP
- Cloud service knowledge such as Azure, AWS experience is a plus
- Good knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Understanding of Agile methodology is preferred, able to work with user departments and vendors
- Good problem solving skills and communication
- Able to work under pressure
- Good team player, self-initiative and pro-active
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.