System Analyst/Senior System Analyst
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Assist in system development, support and maintenance of life insurance system and manage both local and offshore vendors. Job Responsibilities:
- Perform impact analysis, prepare systems design specifications and conduct application development in according to business processes and requirements. Conduct unit testing, systems integration testing, regression testing and stress testing.
- Provide effective application system solution and support by conducting application development design & enhancement and understanding business process and requirements. Assist in preparation of testing strategies.
- Ensure quality systems development work is performed in accordance with the systems development methodology and guidelines
- Ensure timely project delivery through planning project schedule and resources requirements, assisting to monitor project progress and manage vendors, and coordinating testing and implementation activities.
- Lead and coach Senior Analyst Programmers/Analyst Programmers to complete assigned jobs and ensure quality day-to-day system support is provided.
- Degree in Computer Studies, or related disciplines.
- Minimum 6 years of working experience in Information Technology, at least 3 years in life Insurance industry.
- Candidate with more experience in life insurance industry can be considered as Senior System Analyst
- Solid experience in systems design and problem solving.
- Solid working experience in AIX / Informix will be an advantage.
- Strong application knowledge in insurance, banking and finance systems
- Strong technical knowledge in AIX and Wintel Operating Systems, databases such as Informix, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2 and Oracle, and programming languages such as Powerbuilder, Microsoft .NET and Java/J2EE.
- Solid experience in Sharepoint implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata and User Profile Services design on Azure platform
- Sound knowledge on new technology (ie. digital, cloud based solution, AI)
- Sound knowledge in Hothouse and Agile delivery methodology
- Proven leadership, project management, people management, vendor management, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.