Your new company
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
Business Unit Risk Management Surveillance operates within the Asia Private Wealth Management business and oversees, monitors, measures and analyses non market risk exposure.
The primary responsibilities for this business supervision role include:
- Partner with the PWM business and control partners such as Compliance and legal to establish the regulatory controls, governance framework and methodology is effectively in place to manage the risk of business
- Performs daily supervisory and trade based surveillance reviews to ensure adherence to Firm's policy and procedures.
- Monitor and identify internal breaches / control weaknesses and conduct investigations. Recommend corrective actions where needed.
- Prepare documentation to report and escalate to senior management any issues and exceptions highlighted.
- Oversee and manage outsourced surveillance teams to ensure that supervisory/surveillance reviews meet our performance criteria and quality standards.
What you'll need to succeed
- 2+ years of relevant working experience in the banking or project management.
- Must be proficient in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- PC Skills: Advanced Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, knowledge on programming such as macro/ python would be a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous work experience in a similar control/risk function within the business
- Product knowledge of various asset-classes including equity, fixed income, listed and OTC derivatives and banking products
What you'll get in return
- You will have an opportunity to work under a highly experienced Manager.
- Career development and top-notch employee opportunities
- Forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at +603-7611 8666.