- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: Hong Kong
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
A unique opportunity for someone who can take the reins at our state-of-the-art studio in Hong Kong and help make Fidelity known for our innovative approach to video for external and internal audiences. The right person will combine technical expertise and a strong creative streak.
Purpose of your role
The Editorial department is looking for someone who can take the reins at our state-of-the-art studio in Hong Kong and help make Fidelity known for our innovative approach to video for external and internal audiences. The right person will combine technical expertise and a strong creative streak.
Editorial is a new and expanding function at Fidelity, and is evolving quickly to meet the needs of our clients. We have a multidisciplinary team of writers and producers as well as a production team to run our two VR studios in London and Hong Kong. We work closely with our investment colleagues to find the best and most relevant ideas which our distribution teams then use to engage with the right people across our 23 markets.
- Own the day-to-day running of Fidelity's Hong Kong media studio, including bookings and stakeholder relationships
- Deliver production workflow of multi and single camera equipment in a studio environment
- Understand production methods using virtual set environments
- Creatively light and shoot video material outside of the studio
- Set up and operate multi-track voiceover equipment using Adobe Audition
- Complete basic video and audio editing using Premiere and other Adobe applications
- Work with templated graphic assets
- Take the lead on maintenance, repair, hardware and software upgrades, and upkeep of all equipment
- Advise on needs for equipment purchase, repair, upgrades and consumable stock
Experience and qualifications required
- Great knowledge of modern studio equipment, including PTZ cameras, sound mixers, lighting desks and vision mixers
- Loads of ideas about new ways to improve our output while being constantly excited by the opportunity to create original content
- Ability to rig location filming equipment, including tripods, monitors, lighting and audio equipment
- Experience working with green screen and virtual sets, ideally Ross Expression
- Good knowledge of Sony FS5 and Canon 5D
- Good level of editing on Adobe Premiere
- Basic animation creation skills in After Effects
- Basic colour correction in Premiere (Davinci Resolve is a bonus)
- Fluent written and spoken English required. Fluent Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be strong advantages (and any other Asian languages would be pluses)
- A great multi-tasker who is good at prioritizing; you will constantly be juggling multiple projects
- Some financial knowledge will be a real help
We are committed to being an inclusive and diverse company to work for and strive to create a culture where flexible working is encouraged so that we retain and attract the best talent by offering working patterns that suit both individual and business needs.