Strategy and Transactions - EY- Parthenon- Transaction Strategy and Execution - Senior / Manager
EY is one of the leading global professional services organizations with 231,000 professionals around the world. We are proud of our people culture which we believe sets us apart in the profession. EY helps you achieve your best by providing great learning and career growth opportunities, by offering ways to help you achieve satisfaction in work and life, and by looking at each decision with a keen eye toward how it will affect you.
The Strategy and Transactions (SaT) teams in Asia Pacific has been providing market leading services to clients across Greater China, ASEAN and Oceania for over 20 years. We support EY clients in the region and globally throughout the transaction lifecycle and have helped EY clients create deal value and manage transaction risks. EY- Parthenon (EY-P) covers 3 sectors including Strategy, Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) and Turnaround and Restructuring (TRS).
Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) assist clients to integrate acquired assets and businesses, providing strategic transaction advice and supporting execution to attain the value proposition contained in the strategic decision-making process. With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Manage client engagement teams executing Operational Transaction Services, focusing on Finance and/or Operational and/or HR and/or IT, which support key decision makers in developing and executing their transaction strategy to secure deal value.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of integrations, carve-outs, operational due diligence and other types of transaction engagements.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in project execution, including synergy assessment, project management, problem-solving and facilitation.
- Assist in identifying risks and issues related to integration planning, timelines, and functional areas.
- Assist in commercial due diligence projects, including market assessments, competitor studies and opportunity assessments.
- Develop excellent client relationships at the appropriate client level and be responsible for a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and work products.
- Assist in business development activities including preparing presentations and attending pursuit meetings with clients.
- Be responsible for fostering an open and inclusive work environment.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in accounting, finance, engineering, business, or a related field; MBA is a plus.
- Relevant transactional advisory experience and/or commercial experience and/or consulting experience in Big 4, MNC, investment banks, consulting firms or other related professional firms in managing business strategy, M&A projects, finance, operation, HR or IT areas.
- Professional qualification of CPA, CFA, PMP or other relevant qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Combination of Industry and Consulting experience is preferred.
- Experience in re-engineering, turnarounds or business integrations, such as synergy evaluation, project management office organization, operating model development, or sales force, finance, HR, supply chain and IT implementation with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in large-scale, post-merger integration or carve out is preferable but not mandatory.
- Experience in managing complex business environments.
- Ability to determine risks and opportunity areas.
- Ability to synthesize approaches to complex integration conflicts.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of English and Mandarin.
- Strong knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office applications (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and MS Project).
- Excellent team player.
- Flexible with occasional travel requirements of client service projects.
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals who enjoy promoting the people agenda in organizations and change initiatives, bringing people issues and challenges to the forefront. You’ll need the confidence to keep the people agenda front and center, and the interpersonal skills and communications savvy to do this in a way that integrates well with executive priorities and objectives.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.