- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 20 Feb 18
Strategy ManagerJob no: 998280
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Hong Kong
CBA - International Financial Services (IFS) is the business unit responsible for driving the Group's emerging markets growth strategy, across Asia and Africa. Our strategy is centred on financial inclusion supported by a digital banking model and a focus on financial literacy. We believe that financial inclusion truly puts the customer at the front of everything we strive to achieve.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our head office strategy team. The IFS Strategy Team is responsible for leading the development of the strategic agenda across all IFS markets. The team works with the in-country businesses to manage the delivery of this strategy through specific projects.
More specifically your main duties will include:
- Develop an understanding of the competitor landscapes in all IFS markets
- Monitor and advise on changing macro-economic, competitor, regulatory, political and customer trends in all IFS markets
- Understand the in-country business operations in all IFS markets
- Manage and undertake research and analysis on various issues and initiatives. This will include identifying relevant data sources, reviewing and synthesising information, conducting a comprehensive analysis based on this research and drawing out and effectively communicating the implications
- Research and identify potential strategic partners for IFS and support the negotiation and execution of agreements
- Championing and leading alignment to CBA's Vision and Values
- Act as a role model by consistently displaying leadership behaviours that encourage transparent and productive working relationships and a strong performance culture
We are seeking a motivated individual with:
- At least 3-5 years of management consulting or investment banking experience with a Tier 1 firm. Candidates with internal corporate strategy / development experience within a major financial institution or similar environment will also be considered.
- Exposure to financial services sector with an interest in technology and the transformative role it can play in delivering financial inclusion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Broad experience in stakeholder managerment with the ability to influence and advise.
- Values driven individual
- MBA qualified preferred but not essential
Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your initiative, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things.
Advertised: 26 Jan 2018 China Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Feb 2018 China Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.