- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Stock Lending Middle Office
Stock Lending Middle Office
- Primary Location: Hong Kong SAR of PRC,Hong Kong,Hong Kong
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19014280
- Responsible for providing support to the Stock loan Desk, Funding Desk, Prime Brokerage Client, and various operations teams within Prime Finance and Equities, and non-trading risks occurring within Prime Finance.
- The primary role will incorporate all aspects of Equity Prime Brokerage operational client service and Stock Lending activities - covering trade handling, position coverage, fails management, account management, funding, exposure and collateral management.
- This is a client focused role with large volumes & quick turnarounds.
- Prime Finance Middle Office supports the IPB and Stock Lending Business, and is part of the overall Prime Finance Business unit.
- The PFMO department consists of SBL, Funding, International Prime Brokerage, Margin/Collateral Management, Prime Custody, and Synthetic ETFs products.
- The successful candidate will cover a number of markets and client accounts, and will be the main point of contact for all operational queries related to the day-to-day duties.
- The successful candidate will interact closely with clients and internally across Front Office, Middle Office and Operations.
- Main point of contact for client/administrator operational queries
- Documentation and publication of MIS where required
- Completion of all daily processes and controls including ad hoc tasks that may be assigned
- Trade handling across equity finance including trade processing, fail and short cover, exposures and collateral management, recalls/replacements, and borrow returns
- Main point of contact for operational/desk SBL queries
- Review exposures/margin
- Provide SBL MO support for all APAC markets
- Management of client settlement activity, liaising with settlements and clients to resolve any issues
- Prefer University/College graduate or above; will consider depending on level of experience
- Experience in Margin Calculation, Reconciliation & Control process is preferred
- Self-motivated individual who is an experienced problem solver
- Must work well under tight deadline and high pressure
- Solid market knowledge for some or all the Pac Rim markets
- Good understanding of Bloomberg
- Rounded product knowledge of Prime Finance products, especially equities, swaps, futures, options and derivatives
- Good understanding of corporate events and asset servicing
- At least 1 year or above experience in Prime Brokerage, and/or Reconciliation and Control functions
- Knowledge on operational support with settlement experience in Global markets is preferred but not essential