Sr Fund Controller - Transfer Agency
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Wellington Management Funds ("WMF") Fund Control & Operations is responsible for all aspects of the operations for the WMF Global fund ranges, and works alongside the Product Development, Legal, Compliance and Governance teams to support all aspects of the fund business. Fund Services APAC will act as the extension of the Fund Control & Operations as well as the hub in the APAC region focusing on supporting the clients in the APAC region.
We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual to play an important role in our Fund Services APAC team. The successful candidate will be part of a team located between Tokyo and Hong Kong, closely engaging with the Fund Control & Operations located in Europe (Luxembourg and London) as well as in the U.S..(Boston). The team in Tokyo/Hong Kong will also engage with Wellington operational teams globally, as well as working alongside the Product Development, Legal, Compliance and Governance teams to support all aspects of the fund business, focusing on supporting the clients in the APAC region. Principal responsibilities will include:
- Build strong working relationships with the Transfer Agency Registration, Dealing and Client Relationship Management team of our vendors (globally and in APAC)
- Work with the members within Fund Control & Operations in Europe to substitute the global Fund Control & Operations model with the view to expand into Wellington Alternative Investments' function
- Support the development and maintenance of the Transfer Agency Service model for APAC for Wellington Management Funds domiciled in Europe (Ireland/Luxembourg) as well as in APAC region (Singapore, Australia), with the view to cover the Wellington Alternative Investments' Transfer Agency support.
- Support the design of AML programme from an operational perspective - onboarding new clients, AML remediation, regulatory change, especially for the investors in APAC.
- Ownership and identification of process enhancement projects to assess the effectiveness and viability in improving the Transfer Agency AML function;
- Conduct periodic due diligence on the Transfer Agent and report on findings as required;
- Work with other functional teams, such as Compliance, Legal, Risk and Governance on any AML related projects;
- Attend cross functional meetings and provide operational expertise and recommendations;
- Maintenance of SLAs with the Transfer Agent in the region
- Maintenance of internal procedures and policies
- Provide operational risk assessments of current processes, identify issues that arise/could arise on the funds, and work with stakeholders to resolve these on a proactive basis;
The successful candidate is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Hold an undergraduate degree;
- Experience working in the funds industry -either or both of the below.
- In UCITS and regulated alternative funds domiciled in Europe
- Other regulated fund vehicles domiciled in APAC (Hong Kong and Singapore)
- Have sufficient experience in Transfer Agency
- Have experience in AML/KYC process for the financial institutions
- Be technically proficient in relation to Microsoft software particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Be able to synthesize information quickly;
- Be able to identify, research and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Have strong analytical skills, and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Have a team-oriented, collaborative attitude, self-starter.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Capable of Chinese is a plus
Sr Fund Controller - Transfer Agency LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .