See job description for details
Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and foreign exchange. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region that are based on account relationship management, service differentiation, product development and rigorous credit standards. Responsibilities:
- Drive strategic initiatives such as NEW SME Financing Framework and SME Digibank from SME Business perspective
- Develop business strategies to drive SME loans (Trade and non-trade), and also to improve risk management (predictive analysis etc)
- Streamline and digitalize the end-to-end credit application journey (both Employee Journey and Customer Journey) of SME lending product.
- Participate in credit risk model development for SME lending portfolios
- Build business cases and track data/statistics regularly to drive penetration, business numbers and future enhancements.
- Work closely with various stakeholders such as Credit and GPA and Business District Heads and Digital Teams to drive the development of Digital Business Models for SME lending portfolios.
- Work closely with Business District Heads to facilitate the provision of timely and insightful business performance data that support strategy execution.
- Monitor and report relevant developments related to market dynamics, peers, benchmarks to help guide and further refine strategy execution.
- Able to think strategically and lead / facilitate discussions with various business partners to evaluate new techniques and platform enhancements to address business challenges and improve overall business performance / productivity.
- Bachelor Degree holder with at 4 to 5 years of experience in SME lending especially in general banking facilities and SME unsecured lending with strong data analytics skill and ability
- Possess strong portfolio and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to conceptualize and clearly communicate the analytical findings, both in writing and verbally.
- Prior experience on applications analysis, design and development, preferably on SME Leading applications such as loan acquiring and issuing. Knowledge of SME Loan Products like SFGS, GBF is a MUST.
- Balanced business and risk background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex program risks and issues
- Excellent presentation, analytical and articulation skills
- Self-starter and extremely hands on in the management of projects
- Able to manage and work with internal stakeholders, and vendors.
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis is required.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required.
- Must exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts, under direction of project managers is required.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully is required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.