Specialist, Performance & Sales Management, Strategic Business Planning
DBS' Private Banking offers a one-stop, full-service touch-point for total banking requirements and provides the highest level of personalised banking. We have a team of dedicated, experienced investment advisors who identify opportunities in the various asset classes and employ the best strategies and product vehicles to cater to each client's needs. Coupled with partnerships within the DBS network and with global institutions, we strive to build long-term relationships with our Private Banking clients in Asia by providing them with high quality, timely and extensive wealth management, investment and financial solutions. To drive our Data FIRST agenda, DBS Private Bank & Treasures Private Clients unit is looking for a bright talent to assume the role of performance management and to be groomed as our Data Steward, a subject matter expert in the area of big data analytics & visualization. The individual will focus on RM and business performance management, driving relevant strategic priorities, and transforming the way we work through better and more powerful analytical & visualization tools, thereby enabling data-driven decisions.
He / she plays a critical role in promoting the data driven culture and is responsible for the coordination of all data-related / governance activities in the Business Unit and within the Data Community - collaborating with Front Office, COO Office, Business Analytics, Finance and other key stakeholders to drive business value from data. Responsibilities
- RM Performance Management & Tracking
- Spearhead the regional alignment of the performance management framework to achieve consistency in KPI measurements and reporting metrics across countries;
- Coordinate and work on budget setting and handle subsequent changes as per business needs;
- Engage Finance & Business Analytics teams to ensure proper tracking of key metrics & coordinate among key stakeholders to drive the use and development of automated dashboards, enabling self-service by data consumers;
- Understand business drivers / priorities and identify opportunities where data insights can create value in client prospecting & relationship management.
- Business Performance Management & Tracking
- Actively engage and support PB Leadership team by providing data to drive business performance management across the North Asia region;
- Drive development of automated dashboards with slice and dice in different dimensions to draw useful insights and make strategic recommendations to management and front office.
- Driving Strategic Initiatives
- Identify and translate business problems / opportunities into tangible analytics requirements and recommend potential solutions to drive positive outcomes;
- Able to think strategically and lead / facilitate discussions with various business partners including Front Office, Product Teams, Group / Regional Finance and Business Analytics teams to evaluate new techniques and platform enhancements to address business challenges and improve overall business performance / productivity.
- Overseeing Data Architecture
- Thoroughly study and revamp the PB data architecture with Platform & Project Team and other relevant key stakeholders to evaluate data quality and data access processes for gaps, pain-points and opportunities;
- Implement solutions and process changes for management and governance across data quality metrics, metadata, lineage, data access rights and business definitions;
- Build and enrich the database for data mining to facilitate portfolio management and quantitative analysis.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Management or related disciplines.
- Keen interest in business and data analysis, process improvement and project management.
- Strong data sense and analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- 3-5 years of working knowledge in data visualization tools such as Qlikview is an advantage.
- Prior exposure to various business units in company's environment to understand the linkages and dependencies.
- Able to work with technical people and business users, handling multiple projects, attention to details and meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including ability to facilitate meetings and present to senior business executives.
- Delivery focused and results oriented; ability to work with complexity and ambiguity.