See job description for details
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Responsibilities
- Enhance risk governance within Consumer Banking Business Unit by assisting Head of Governance & Control and Team Head of ORM in driving the Unit's risk forum.
- Lead the gap analysis process with business stakeholders on new regulatory circulars to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide oversight and assurance on CBG business units to have proper control or solution in place to close the gap in complying with regulatory requirements
- Lead onsite regulatory inspections & exams and work with business stakeholders in conjunction with compliance teams. Monitor to ensure implementation of corrective actions if any, by working with business stakeholders.
- Support business units on internal audit and compliance review exercise
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and ensure submissions of regulatory reporting on investment and insurance timely met. Review the quality of the submission to ensure a high and consistency quality of delivery in the bank's submission to regulators.
- Oversee the sales process, product offering, policy and procedure on Investment and/or Insurance to ensure compliance with the local regulatory requirements.
- Work with operation teams under the CBG COO to provide input on risk control and compliance related matters
- Ensure proper implementation of Unit-specific operational risk policies and procedures via coordinating proper completion and validation of RCSA/ Gap Analysis and perform quality review and validation.
- Monitor timely completion of quality RCSA and provide guidance on the identification / assessment of risks and controls. Monitor and track proper action plans are established to address any control gaps identified.
- Ensure timely reporting/escalating of risk events/significant incidents via communication of reporting requirements with respective units and regular tracking and monitoring and perform action tracking to ensure timely issue resolution. Review and validate risk events reported for factual accuracy, proper categorization of event, cause, effect, and monitor that proper action plans are established to correct and prevent event from recurring.
- Degree holder; Knowledge of consumer banking practices & procedures ;
- Specialized academic qualifications or experience in general banking operations is an advantage ;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in consumer banking operations.
- Knowledge on investment products and/or insurance domain is required.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and thought leadership to influence change and minimize operational risk by strengthening controls.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.