Solutions Lead, HKEX Innovation and Data Lab
The HKEX Innovation and Data Lab ('IDL') is responsible for three key areas of technology in HKEX:
- Innovation : Design and build innovative business solutions that use new technologies.
- Data : Act as the firm's centre for internal data governance, analytics and intelligence.
- Digital Solutions : Drive the adoption of firm-wide business productivity and efficiency tools.
Using an adaptable range of delivery models and FinTech partnerships, IDL has introduced many firsts in HKEX since its formation in 2018. These include several award-winning AI-based solutions in regulatory surveillance, market operations and risk management; HKEX's first cloud-based data lake; one of Asia's most recognised robotic process automation programmes; and a major infrastructure reform to Hong Kong's world-leading IPO market, in partnership with Ping An OneConnect.
IDL is also an active catalyst of organisational and cultural change, highly sought by HKEX colleagues for solution advisory, data analytics, start-up partnership sourcing, and external ambassadorship in the Greater China FinTech community.
With ever-increasing and dynamic capital flows between China and global capital markets, this is a great time to join HKEX for a front-row seat. IDL is a wonderful entry point for talented and motivated individuals to get close-up exposure to the incredible Asian capital markets and take on significant, intellectually rewarding responsibilities. Job Responsibilities
Job Desired Skills and Expereince
- Solutions delivery: to understand business goals, needs and challenges; and to advise on, conceptualise and lead the technical design of suitable software applications to meet them. Solutions may include enhancements to business operations and data; client service; and supporting new revenue-generating opportunities and platform ideas to drive HKEX's strategy. To work closely with in-house developers, external vendors and FinTechs in incubating, testing and fine-tuning solutions starting at the prototype stage.
- Partner origination: to keep a close dialogue with relevant FinTech (hardware and software) industry trends and start-ups. To review, vet and recommend potential delivery partners to meet HKEX's solution needs, where needed. Manage and grow HKEX's external and internal digital innovation ecosystem.
- IT liaison: to act as the main bridge between IDL's solutions portfolio and the HKEX IT Division, including the HKEX Digital Centre (IT support team for productivity applications) located in Hong Kong and Shenzhen. To implement and oversee effective and collaborative working practices and resources on matters of application design, project delivery, deployment, handover, enhancements, support, and vendor relations. To take active strategic ownership of new and in-flight initiatives as they progress from development to deployment to handover.
- Platform strategy: to contribute actively to the development of principles and implementations of HKEX's platform strategy, as IDL's solution portfolio is progressively absorbed and adopted across the firm more broadly. To contribute to the formation of specialist integration, shared services and architecture governance structures for digital solutions at HKEX.
- Digital evangelism: to champion the use of digital technology and practices to bring about a digital mindset in the various HKEX business teams served by IDL. To be actively involved in the formation of technical and practice centre-of-competence structures to support digital change.
Our team has a strong and distinctive culture, and a reputation inside HKEX for skill, creativity and professionalism. We hire selectively, and give priority to people who are:
- Creative : have a natural curiosity and can channel it into practical, adaptive solutions.
- Quick thinking : can absorb, analyse, condense and act on new information quickly.
- Motivated : eager to lead positive change - and have the career ambitions to match.
- Visible : have opinions, communicate them persuasively, and build the trust of others.
- Ready for the role . While financial services experience is not a must, for people at the SVP level position we will want to know that you can:
- understand the benefits and pitfalls of emerging FinTech applications in capital markets;
- quickly grasp HKEX's business model, strengths and weaknesses;
- lead projects in a large, regulated corporate-style environment;
- show strong commercial awareness and exercise rational judgement;
- collaborate and manage multiple interest groups during a project;
- write, speak and present fluently in English, with Chinese a big plus.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.