About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Enhance application and infrastructure resiliency of service through self-healing and automated failovers - target a 99.99% up-time to customers.
- Manage the planned random disruption of production infrastructure to ensure accountability for building resilient, always-on systems.
- Build resilience into the application so underlying system failures are handled gracefully and don't appear to end user as an outage instilling in design/development teams to always be thinking of the rainy-day scenarios.
- Eliminate all manual and repeat operational activities adopting lean methodology
- Build tools to reduce toil and increase insight into trouble spots
- Reducing the number of repeat incidents by fixing the underlying root cause
- Work in a proactive way to upgrade capacity well in advance and predict future capacity needs -
- Developing within SDI (Software Defined Infrastructure) auto-scaling to deliver robust capacity forecasting.
- Enhancing application and infrastructure scalability based on on-going capacity management with an aim to reduce the need for capacity reviews through the use of monitoring and auto-scale properties.
- Continuously monitor capacity for any discrepancies or spikes
- Deliver SLA Expectations around the operability and reliability of our production platforms to the next generation, where our customers expect a 24x7x365 digital service offering. This level of service delivery should be by using caching, circuit breakers, store and service patterns and alternate User Experience Flows, to create the impression of always being available for customer transaction services.
- Own, manage, monitor and optimize the reliability and overall health of all environments. including staging/pre-production environments.
Latency & Performance
- Responsible for meeting latency and performance expectation via monitoring, provisioning and configuration, by joining our SRE and performance engineering/testing team into the one capability.
- The scope of this will be widened to not just meet expectations, but to identify and improve on the end to end transactional flows performance experienced by customers.
Transition to Production
- Work closely with development teams to define standards and ensure that applications are designed with scale, resilience, and performance in mind.
People and Talent
- Continually uplift monitoring capabilities based on potential and historic failure points
- Deliver and maintain end-to-end monitoring for the top 10 transaction flows in each market/business. - identifying fails and allocating the right resource groups to manage.
- Ensure teams have the correct tools needed to troubleshoot issues quickly.
- Share the technical knowledge to constantly improve the overall architecture for better stability and resilience
- Share the best practices to the wider teams to maximize the HK team capabilities.
- Identify key issues in the business areas being supported, and based on this information, put in place appropriate controls and measures to assess, monitor, control & mitigate risks.
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment within Technology Services.
- Ensure support procedures are in place and adhere to Group Security & Audit policies within Technology Services.
- Active engagement with all audit issues arising in this support environment.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group T&I Teams
- Country Technology Team
- 12+ years of experience in Software development / testing / support
- 5+ years of experience in managing enterprise architecture solution / design
- Right level of maturity and influencing skills to drive tasks by working closely with other teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Certification in Linux / System Administration
- TOGAF / Enterprise Architecture certification is desired
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.