A leading provider of the brokerage service group is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join their product development group.
- Design comprehensive test plans and cases that cover functional and technical specifications, integration, compatibility, and performance.
- Review and implement software designs and API to facilitate testing.
- Design and develop robust, reusable and easily maintainable automation framework (in-house built) for C++, Java & Web based applications using best industry standards.
- Develop automation that adheres to industry standards for code design, version control and documentation.
- Provide automation development guidance to other test developers.
- Set up test environments and ensure that specified test sets are correctly executing on the proper code branches.
- Assist other team members with maintaining and troubleshooting automation scripts.
- Perform regular code reviews to verify automation code quality.
- Perform manual functional, exploratory, and negative testing, documenting test scripts and automating for regression.
- Ensure that test reports provide information needed to quickly assess overall results and efficiently investigate failures. Document defects with steps to reproduce.
- Understand testing objectives and priorities and work with other team members to resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Participate in periodic release activities as required.
- BS in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with automated testing with proven deliveries.
- Strong development skills using a major programming language such as C++ or Java; expertise with test automation development is a must.
- Knowing how to set up and use Jenkins is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC and STLC.
- Experience testing foreign exchange, financial trading or risk management systems preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple tasks effectively in parallel.
- Able to work within an established team and be willing to take direction.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in written and spoken English.