Software Engineer - Securities Lending Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our Securities Lending role involves working in a dynamic front-office trading environment.
Our end to end technology stack runs the firm's Securities Lending business. We build innovative tech solutions for our businesses, allowing them to serve their Hedge Fund clients and Institutional Lenders. Our highly global technical team, sitting close to our traders, work together delivering solutions with a particular focus on micro services and trader UX. We're agile, global and diverse. We currently have a strong focus on re-engineering and further automating our flows to enable us to increase our volumes to various electronic venues in a way that provides scale, transparency and control for trading.
You'll be responsible for being innovative, creative in solving real world problems related to trading and financial markets. This role will involve data analysis, designing, writing, reviewing, testing and implementing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest technologies. The applications we develop include inventory and risk management, calculating client pnl, and facilitating internal/external trading flows.
You will undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems within a global team (NY, LDN, Warsaw, Singapore, Bengaluru, SLC). You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack. Our primary technologies are Java, kafka, databases (MongoDB, Sybase, DB2, DataLake) and Web (reactJS, TypeScript). RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How will you fulfill your potential?
- Develop a deep understanding of how markets function front-to-back in the finance domain covering trading, client flow and transaction management
- Develop strong skills in programming and technical architecture design
- Develop good project management skills & leadership skills
- Build close working relationships with users covering Front Office Traders, Middle Office Operations and Back Office users
- Develop good interpersonal skills
- Participate in a high work ethic environment
- Experience with OO design and Java implementation
- Experience with full project life cycle and agile style development
- Experience with requirement gathering from interactions with end-users
- Experience providing high quality production support to a demanding user base
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate solid ability to multi-task (1-2 simultaneous projects)
- Must be a self-starter
- 3+ years OO design/development
- 3+ years Java
- 3+ years database experience preferred
- Experience with test driven development and methodology
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience with real-time systems/messaging infrastructures
- Experience with full stack development
- Familiarity with build/deployment/runtime tools e.g. Gradle, Maven, Git, Spring, Kubernetes, Cloud
- Finance, Securities Lending and Equities knowledge a strong plus
- Experience with project/task management or tech lead on small - mid size project(s)
- Familiarity with building and running resilient and scalable systems
- Some experience with leading/managing a small team on a project
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity