Software Engineer - Information Technology - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Be part of IT projects impacting Market data, Risk and PnL chain in Asia
- Interact with business to analyse and review requirements
- Design technical solution based on current and target architectures
- Interact with IT teams from other projects and regions based on program interactions
- Support decomposition of customer requests into detailed stories by interacting with PO
- Develop code using Software Craftmanship best practices such as behavior/Test driven development, continuous integration/delivery/deployment, legacy refactoring
- Develop code leveraging a diverse technology eco-system and deliver working software across multiple layers of the technology stack
- Responsible for delivering working code that meets acceptance criteria as well as meet the definition of done
- Participate to testing, deployment and production activities of the team to ensure production stability
- Develop strong partnership with the business, IT counterparties in Paris and offshore teams in Bangalore"
- Leadership skills: Able to lead discussions as well as project task deliveries.
- Business analysis skills: Strong analytical mindset, attention to details, critical thinking, solution oriented
- Domains: Intermediation API, Business API, Data Modeling, User Experiencer, Server & hosting
- Language: Java/Python/C#, HTML5/Angular/React, CSS 3 & Java Script, SQL
- Practical experience in Big data: Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Experience in REST / SOAP web services
- Experience of working in an agile or devops framework
- Strong analytical mindset, attention to details, critical thinking, solution oriented
- Strong command of English and formalization capacit
Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favour the team's interest over my own results
Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
Responsibility - Courage: I express my convictions and make decisions with courage and respect.
Commitment - Inspiration: I support the vision and the strategy
Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region. Department Description
GBIS is the Global Banking and Investor Solution arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, SG GBIS provides corporates, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Global Business Service Unit is GBIS Service Unit, it delivers day-to-day services to GBIS BUs and their clients to accelerate the transformation, it is composed by IT & non-IT teams working side by side under the same leadership.
To strengthen the delivery capability, we are opening a permanent position based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will join the GBSU Finance Risk and Market Data team (GBSU/FRM) as a software engineer. FRM is a regional team with 80 people based in Hong Kong and Bangalore, covering the Asia Pacific region (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, China, India and Australia).
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 2020/12/01
Publication date: 2020/10/30