Settlement Support of Operations Department in Hong Kong
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensure the smoothness in the daily operation of the department
- HK Equity, US Equity, Overseas Equity, Bond, ETF and Mutual Fund post-trade settlement for brokerage activities
- Handle foreign exchange transaction, incoming fund and outward payment
- Ensuring the process are within proper internal control and also in compliance with external Rules and Regulations.
- Reconciliation between bank, custodian and in-house records for cash and stock
- Ad hoc project for new product or new system enhancement
- Liaise with brokers in-house counterparties to follow up any settlement related issues and enquiries
- Provide administrative and clerical support, such as data input and document filing
- New project / New business model to perform UAT
- Have gained adequate experience in working in sizable international institution knowing all international practice
- Thorough understanding of the settlement function in major Oversea and Bond markets
- Have knowledge in send SWIFT format instruction, ex. MT103, MT54x, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skill in Putonghua, Cantonese and English (as phone confirmation with banks and counterparties may be required)
- Mastery of MS Office, knowledge of MS Office VBA
- Good team player with adequate inter-personal skills
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Periodically working overtime is required.
- Good problem-solving skills, must have responsibility
- Degree Holder.
- At least 2 years settlement experience in settlement operations
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as the comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.