The Regulatory Risk Sr Officer I is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level.
Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Responsible for providing risk strategic analytics, information management across bank products and reports to senior management
- Responsible for communicating to executive management implications of existing and opposed regulation and developing potential responses. This may include regulations related to specific product or macro / systemic regulation, including standards to comply with Basel II / III, MiFID, U.S. Fed, Treasury, FDIC and regulations from other central banks and regulatory authorities.
- Regulatory risk project management ownership (business requirements, analysis and testing) for delivery of regulatory solutions. (i.e.. CECL, Part 30 core capabilities initiatives, stress test and CCAR regulatory requirements, etc.)
- Analyzes new risk-related guidelines, best practice standards, rules and regulations
- Directs the approach to answering questions and involve appropriate Risk functions with audits and regulators.
- Provides Project Management of various deliverables for Portfolio Risk Review chapter. Involvement in rationalization of EUCs (End User Computing) used for Portfolio Risk Reviews.
- Significant interaction with a wide range of senior bank and risk management colleagues, as well as external stakeholders such as regulators / auditors.
- Initiates feedback session with Client to understand strength and focused areas. Leverages feedback to influence change throughout organization.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Should have excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel (metrics and data analysis), PowerPoint (presentation decks), and Word (writing and editing procedural and technical documentation).
- Broad understanding of classifiable and delinquency managed credit and operational policies and procedures, including a command of the collateral management process.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and risk reporting as well as experience from the business and/or technical area desired.
- Familiarity with regulatory landscape facing global banks. Ideally, have worked in banking industry or regulators institutions.
- Previous experience in managing Regulatory Inspections and Audits within a financial services company.
- Professional ability and presence to interact with Senior Bank, Regulatory and Audit Management.
- Project management knowledge and experience working with diverse group of stakeholders to achieve milestones and deadlines.
- Proven relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business, executive leadership and key functional support areas like Government Affairs, Communications, Legal, Compliance, Control, in-business Risk and Independent Risk.
- Project management experience with the proven ability to develop project plans and drive a diverse group of stakeholders to achieve milestones and deadlines
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred