Senior Vice President/Vice President, Business Legal, Teasury & Markets
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities:
- Provide legal support to the T&M business of DBS, including:
- manage legal risks arising from the activities and operations undertaken by DBS T&M;
- provide critical risk assessment of transactions, structures and new initiatives;
- review and advise on existing and new laws and regulations;
- review and where applicable, assist to negotiate contracts and agreements with DBS' counterparties, including without limitation, ISDA/CSA agreements, GMRAs and GMSLAs;
- work with the relevant T&M business and support units to develop and maintain standard documentation templates, term sheets and confirmations for specific transactions, structures or products with respect of different asset classes;
- work with the T&M and support units, where necessary, to develop and issue guidelines on specific matters to manage legal risks; and
- manage key litigation by and against T&M, complaints against T&M and where applicable, work closely with Compliance to manage investigations by regulators.
- manage relationships with external law firms to ensure high quality, practical and succinct advice in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Participate in key local and regional projects and initiatives of T&M.
- Work closely with Compliance to manage DBS' regulatory risks.
- Act as legal representative in relevant ISDA working groups and/or other industry forums.
- Enhanced legal risk awareness across DBS T&M.
- Valid and legally binding legal documents correctly reflecting the rights and obligations intended, and within risk acceptance thresholds and any product documentation is functional from a product perspective.
- Effective litigation management.
- Strong internal relationships, acting as a professional and value-adding partner with the business and support units.
- Timely escalation of significant legal and regulatory developments, incidents and concerns to the relevant parties and proactively finding and developing solutions.
- Maintained good team spirit and working relationship within the Legal team.
- A minimum of 10 years' relevant Legal experience in the derivatives industry and a minimum of 5 years' relevant PQE in the finance or banking industry.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant banking, securities compliance best practices and other financial services related laws or regulations and operations, in particular in relation to OTC derivatives, as well as knowledge on the different products and services offered by DBS T&M (including FX, interests, credit, equity and commodity products).
- Ability to build strategic working relationship with all business and support units as well as external regulators.
- Ability to work with, develop and coach team members.
- Good business focus with insights, innovation and the ability to balance risk and control.
- Good leadership skills to foster risk awareness culture in DBS.
- Good sense of ownership.
- Excellent people management and communication skills.
- Good communication in English and Chinese (spoken and written) and presentation skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.