Senior Vetting and Insider Risk Manager - Compliance
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Vetting and Insider Risk Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Provide clear direction and leadership to the regionally focused onshore and offshore vetting teams
- Complete investigation of cases with adverse results and liaise with key stakeholders to assess the residual risk before confirming a vetting decision
- Review key risk and performance indicators, work with Human Resources and vendors to identify trends, and assist the delivery teams in agreeing remediating actions or escalating critical issues or risks
- Build a trusted relationship with key stakeholders in Human Resources, Legal and Global Business or Global Functions to achieve a proactive Primary contact for local supplier relationship managers. Work closely with the vendor to ensure that requirements are met, that local changes are implemented and to deliver continual service improvements that mitigate risks and beneficial partnership approach to delivering the vetting service to regional customers
- Ensure any local control requirements, not in line with Group policy or procedures, are understood, fully justified and appropriately implemented
- Constantly monitor vetting controls, process and content, often in tandem with Group vetting, to ensure that teams are achieving best possible vetting effect and delivering the best possible vetting service to regional customers
- Support for local supplier relationship managers. Work closely with the vendor to ensure that requirements are met, that local changes are implemented and to deliver continual service improvements that mitigate risks
- Challenge vetting controls, process and content, often in tandem with Group vetting, to ensure that teams are achieving best possible vetting effect and delivering the best possible vetting service to regional customers
- Supporting global and regional initiatives or projects to identify methods and techniques to allow the Bank to improve the early identification of malicious insider activity and its active management
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Good understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Excellent knowledge of the external environment, that is regulatory, political, competitors
- Clear and strong understanding of Staff Vetting and the elements involved
- A good understanding of the Global Businesses and Functions
- Proven experience of managing senior stakeholders across the group and of driving forward change despite resistance and inertia
- Strong analytical capability
- Proven staff management ability
- Analytical and or investigative experience
- Strong relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex initiatives
- Ability to create and manage virtual teams to achieve Staff Vetting goals
- Ability to make critical decisions and prioritise work
- Strong organisational, time management and planning skills in order to cope with multiple large scale responsibilities
- An innovative approach to problem solving
- An emerging leader for the Bank
- Evidence of self development across a number of disciplines.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.