- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Vendor Manager
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Vendor ManagerAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Purpose The Senior Vendor Manager markets supply chain finance solutions to Suppliers of our Buyer clients.
The VMT's primary purpose is to market Vendor Prepay, aka Payables Finance programs and enroll suppliers nominated by our Buyer clients. VMTs are expected to perform supplier analysis, define supplier marketing and enrolment strategy specific to each program. VMTs focus on active supplier calling to maximize supplier program sign up ratio. VMTs deploy different marketing techniques tailor made to each program to facilitate interest and program utilization. VMTs work closely with program anchor buyer client, refer enrolled supplier to commercial banking and business banking segments for cross sell.
Core value proposition of Senior Vendor Manager
- Support Head of Global Vendor Management to effectively market SCF proposition to suppliers at global level
- Promptly enrol North Asia suppliers or Suppliers under HK booking in a quick and easy manner
- Grow the supplier side business by monitoring and driving up VPP program utilization
- Support RFPs, cross sell initiatives and the overall business growth agenda
- Leverage digital tools, i.e. On line supplier enrolment portal or VPP Mobile App to enhance supplier experience
- Work with 3rd party service providers to sign up suppliers and maximize supplier side of business opportunities
- Assume responsibility for Vendor Prepay (VPP) Program marketing and enrolment of suppliers in GCNA On-going management for VPP programs, e.g. vendor program exit, profile update, periodic review of vendor if required, monitor and drive up program utilization etc
- Partner with Relationship or Sales Managers in and out of VPP supplier markets to deepen supply chain finance wallet share with clients at global level
- Work closely with RM, Sales and Implementation Managers to ensure good supplier uptake, smooth first draw down and program launch
- Support VPP related RFP and responses in partnership with RM/Sales at global level
- Support digital agenda and innovation to streamline supplier enrolment processes and improve efficiency
- Refer enrolled suppliers to other business segments for cross sell and client conversion
- Support Global Head of VMT to ensure VMT business processes, policies and control
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Track record of managerial experience and ability to train and develop the team
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills with an ability and knowledge to articulate VPP program benefits
- Ability to negotiate legal agreements supporting supply chain finance solutions
- SCF, Cash and FX competence
- Ability to engage RM, Sales & Implementation Manager to ensure bank delivers its commitment
- Strong analytical skill
- Language skill - fluent in English, and at least one GCNA local language, both written and verbal
- Minimum 10 years work experience in banking or other relevant financing/credit/sales roles
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.