A pioneer in the FinTech world, 100x is the result of the phenomenal success of BitMEX, the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
The Trading Data and Market Data team is responsible for producing and providing access to the vast amount of BitMEX trading-related data and market data via APIs for both internal and external stakeholders. BitMEX’s clients make thousands of queries per second to a rich data set of both public and private trading data including real time position and order book information and time-series based execution and order data.
The Trading Data team provides a flexible and performant API for clients to efficiently access this data. The team also builds and maintains the firm’s Market Data infrastructure, including market data feed handlers, data capture and storage and analytics for every cryptocurrency exchange, and also calculates the realtime index prices used to value client positions.
- Design, development, maintenance and support of fault-tolerant, containerised distributed system of microservices in the Trading and Market Data space
- Implementation of new features/systems within greenfield and brownfield projects
- Fixing bugs, tuning performance
- Evaluation of new technologies
- Collaboration with peers, internal and external users on technical design and direction
You have a curious intellect, outstanding technical skills and an interest in crypto trading. Specifically, you have:
- 5+ years financial experience at a Hedge Fund, Investment Bank, or Exchange developing financial trading applications in Equity, FX or derivative product markets, either traditional or crypto-based in Java or equivalent experience in another OO language, with some experience of Java
- Strong engineering skill set with firm grasp of fundamental Computer Science principles and a test-driven approach to software development with a high degree of automation
- Work in a Linux/containerised environment and have experience tuning it
- Collaborate across time zones/team boundaries to engineer best possible outcome
- Use data structures and algorithms to achieve maximum productivity
- Have a Computer Science/Engineering degree
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast moving industry and startup culture
- Technical mind set with high attention to detail
- Not required but nice to have: experience building market data feed handlers. Knowledge in and experience with financial services protocols including FIX, SBE, Protobuf or similar. Experience utilising low latency messaging frameworks like Ultra Messaging, Aeron, Chronicle Queue and other message bus technologies like Kafka.