Senior Technology Business Consultant - Insurance
Full time - Regular Type of Hire
Requisition will be sent to PeopleFluent Experience Desired
3+ Years Education Desired
Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Information Systems Travel Percentage
0% Job Description
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun. What you will be doing:
To work as a member of a consulting team responsible for deploying Prophet Professional, Prophet Enterprise, PRD, Assumptions Manager, Table Manager and any Prophet components on client sites.
This will include:
What you bring:
- Working with client actuarial and IT staff to scope and specify systems integration requirements
- Analysis of client infrastructure to provide a report which incorporates a proposal for optimal Prophet Enterprise deployment
- Perform IT gap analysis tasks for the Prophet Enterprise readiness service
- Support the technical solution design to be deployed at client sites taking into account client Operating Systems, Hardware, Network Infrastructure and Data Storage technologies.
- Perform the client on-site work and ensure the smooth running of the deployment and system handover
- Identify problems and issues during the project to ensure that subsequent deployments run more smoothly
- Test the delivered integrated system to obtain client sign-off against agreed criteria and deliver report
- Work with the Lead Technical Consultant to enhance the deployment process and report bugs and systems integration issues that have arisen on client sites
- Manage all work in a co-operative team environment, using project management systems
For this role, we require skill levels in Systems integration and Microsoft Windows technology
that generally exceed industry norms. Candidates should have experience in a systems administration role.
Applicants should have:
- Experience in a client facing role and be capable of close co-operative team working.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad for short assignments.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work, to meet the varying requirements of the role from client to client.
- Experience of deploying client applications across a corporate network.
- Experience of systems support and integration using:
- Microsoft Windows desktop and server configuration, administration and performance tuning.
- Corporate Network configuration and administration, LAN & WAN. The role does not require performing network configuration, but the consultant is expected to be able to support and assist clients with troubleshooting, etc]
- Storage Technologies configuration and administration (SAN, NAS, tiered storage)
- As with networks, this is so that the consultant can support and assist the client with any troubleshooting they need to carry out
- Knowledge of the following Operating Systems:
- Desktop OS: Microsoft Windows (current versions)
- Server OS: Microsoft Windows Server (current versions)
- HPC Platforms: Microsoft HPC [this should be installed and configured by the client, but as above the consultant needs to support clients with troubleshooting].
- Database platforms: Microsoft SQL Server (current versions) installation, administration and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of development and automation techniques: C++, C Sharp, VB [to support clients implementing against Prophet API libraries], Scripting (SQL, windows/DOS) and Power Shell scripting [to support clients developing their own workflow tools].
- Writing and maintaining control scripts.
- A working knowledge of XML and web technologies would be very useful. [normal web server configuration - IIS only; and managing configuration files for the Prophet IDR product].
- Some practical experience of using Microsoft .NET [for diagnosing error conditions].
- Virtualization technologies -> VMware (not Microsoft)
- Knowledge of Cloud base application deployment in AWS and Azure
A computer related degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or related field) or further industrial certification, such as:
What we offer you:
- CCNA, CCIE
- Any type of SNCP
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues.
- A variety of career development tolls, resources and opportunities.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the http://www.fisglobal.com/-/media/fisglobal/files/policies/privacy/online-privacy-notice/english.pdf?la=en Online Privacy Notice. Sourcing Model
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.