Senior System Analyst / System Analyst, Application Development, Information Technology
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 534,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Responsible for managing small scale projects throughout its life cycle including feasibility study, user expectation management, and change management
- Assist direct supervisor to deliver medium to large scale of system modification/enhancement within budget and time frame
- Oversee responsible project execution within budget and time frame, measuring/identify potential risk and recommends risk mitigation wherever appropriate
- Propose on system development strategy and planning. Evaluate and recommend new IT products and services
- Monitor the performance and ensure quality support of all existing IT production systems
- Assist direct supervisor to establish design standard and lead system development
- Assist direct supervisor to develop best practices adhere to system development standards
- Manage vendors and monitor the quality of the system integration vendors
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 6-8 years working experience in Information Technology
- Solid experience in enterprise-scale application development
- Competent knowledge in Life Asia, Capsil, AS/400, middle ware connectivity like MQ and client-server technologies integrating with Front-End System
- Knowledge in Opentext Exstream (Streamserve) and Opentext and IBM ECM is an advantage
- Good knowledge and experience in implementing enterprise-scale IT system for Life Insurance
- Good knowledge in Life Insurance products and workflow
- Sound knowledge in project management and essential with certification in project management such as PMP
- Prefer to pass the subjects of 280 and 290 of LOMA examination
- Able to lead a small size of IT development team
- Candidate with less experience can be considered as System Analyst
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.