Senior System Analyst, Information Technology (1-year Contract)
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Responsible for system design, development and support of the insurance application systems, including web application systems and backend systems.
- Participate in key projects for expansion of the business to ensure seamless implementation.
- Involve in project lifecycle including user requirement collection, analysis and design, development, SIT, UAT, training, documentation and ongoing support.
- Assist the project manager in project management.
- Troubleshoot problem and propose recommendation to resolve issue, and collaborate with developers and/or external parties to resolve technical issue.
- Manage external vendors.
- Degree or above with major in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 6 years working experience, preferably in Insurance or Banking and Finance sector
- Solid experience in Web application and SQL programming
- Extensive experience and knowledge in WebSphere and MS SQL Server on Windows platform
- Knowledge on IBM FileNet (Imaging and Workflow systems) , MS .NET (C#/VB .NET) and DevOps is an advantage
- Strong project management, analytical, problem solving, decision making, communication and negotiation skills
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, adaptive to changes and able to work under pressure
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, Mandarin is an advantage
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as System Analyst role
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process. We offer excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.