Senior Staff Engineer, Backend - Mox
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
As one of the biggest banks in market, we are rapidly expanding by growing a new virtual banking business in Hong Kong. We see ourselves as a fast growing start-up company where you will enjoy autonomy and teamwork at the same time, solving new and exciting problems in a nimble and agile way. Join Mox and be part of history making for future banking experience!
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to be responsible for the development and maintenance of our backend to appropriate our current business needs and future business growth. The Backend Engineer will be responsible for formulating more efficient processes and solve problems. Responsibilities
• Greenfield development and the continuous improvement of our existing systems
• Develop RESTful APIs and event driven microservices using Kafka
• Use Kubernetes and Docker to schedule and run microservices
• Write high quality, maintainable code using TDD and DDD
• Our technology stack is predominantly Kotlin but our architecture allows for using the most appropriate language to solve a given problem
• Store data in PostgreSQL and S3
• Leverage our elastic AWS infrastructure
• Practice continuous integration and delivery
• You build it, you run it Our Ideal Candidate
• Preferably fluent with Kotlin, Java or Scala, but polyglots welcome
• Solid experience in back-end development
• Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
• Self-starter who can work independently
• Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Strong English communication skills
For more information, please visit www.mox.com