Our Client, a leading Global Insurer, is currently looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer, who will join a strong team whilst they go through a large Organisational Transformation and Technical refresh. Most importantly however, is the multiple projects and programs associated with a ‘move to cloud’. There is a large, well-funded roadmap over the next few years, and an increasing demand for resources across all departments. You will be initially responsible for adding technical value and supporting an increasingly demanding and growing environment by working on a core component paramount to the overall program.
The key work stream under this ‘move to cloud’ initiative will be focused on Linux directory services (on-premiss) and the shift towards Azure, and Azure directory services (Active Directory). The right candidate, therefore, will have demonstrable hands-on experience in: On prem AD, Azure AD and managed domain AD in cloud.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support the execution of a key work-stream within a large program of work concentrating on the migration to a cloud-focused environment.
- Bring technical knowledge around Active Directory and migration to a cloud-based environment.
- Work with team to diagnose and evaluate potential risks and issues throughout the project and technically understand where the biggest challenges may arise.
- Report regularly to the work-stream Lead about technical criteria and any risks or proposals.
- Add technical value to the migration to Azure Directory services based on current Linux directory services.
- Ensure appropriate standards are followed and quality controls are adhered to.
- Work with various team members, stakeholders, and third parties to ensure successful project execution.
Requirements of the role:
- University degree holder in Information Technology, or related disciplines
- At least 8 years of work experience Systems engineering/systems administration
- Strong understanding of move to cloud migrations with particular focus in AD
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in on prem AD, Azure AD and managed domain AD in cloud
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various stakeholders including technical experts and Project leads
- Prior Experience in Cloud-based initiatives or projects in a technical capacity
- Been around complex Enterprise IT environments
- Knowledgeable around Cloud Technologies: SaaS, IaaS, PaaS and cloud automation tools is a bonus
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
If interested, please send your most updated CV in word format to email@example.com with Subject Line: Solutions Engineer.