Senior Software Engineer
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 26 Feb 18 2018-02-26
A Director-level hands-on senior software engineer.
As a Senior Engineer, you will:
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Collaborate and assume a leadership role as required with business stakeholders, product managers, software engineers, and operations engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to drive and deliver new business value through software
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers, through the delivery of products and services with strong and extendable architectural design
- Maintain and support these services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- 12+ years of relevant professional experience in object oriented programming (Java, .NET, GoLang etc).
- Web-based front-end development experience (ReactJS, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3 etc)
- Solid experience with Design patterns and microservices architecture patterns.
- Solid experience with relational databases such as MS-SQL Server or Oracle
- 3+ years of in depth experience with cloud application development and/or NoSQL database driven application development and/or Servlet driven web application development and/or REST service development.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
- Understanding of the fundamentals of capital markets or financial services in support of our service or product offerings
- Familiar with dependency injection frameworks (Spring/Guice), high concurrency platforms (Akka/Actor pattern) and Web Services (REST/SOAP).
- Experienced with servlet containers such as Jetty and Tomcat.
- Experienced with message buses such as RabbitMQ
- Experienced with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Experienced with container technology (e.g. Docker)
- Experienced with source versioning (GIT, SVN, Mercurial) and unit testing (jUnit/xUnit etc).
- Experienced with deployment tools such as Gradle and Maven.
- Experienced with using Agile development methodology (Scrum, Scaled agile, Kanban).
- Experienced with continuous integration tools such as TravisCI, Jenkins or Concourse. Prior testing and QA experience will be considered a definite asset.
- Cloud Foundry and other components supporting a highly-automated global engineering platform
- Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!