Senior SQL/MS-Office Developer to develop new back office and analysis systems and providing support to end-users.
We are an asset management company based in Central district, Hong Kong. We are looking for a Senior SQL/MS-Office Developer to join the existing IT team to develop new systems and providing support to end-users. The job is most suited for a candidate who is highly experienced and has previously worked for a small hedge fund or small asset management company. Developing bespoke applications for the business using SQL server, MS-Excel, MS-Access and VBA and besides, have the right qualities to work with a small team of staff at all levels.
- Designing and developing a new back office system using SQL Server, MS-Access, MS-Excel and VBA.
- Analysing existing systems and improving and adding new functionalities to the new systems based on end-user requirements
- Analysing existing SQL data structures, improving and designing new stored procedures.
- Writing SQL procedures to extract data for analysis and reports
- Liaising with business users to check application usage patterns and UAT for the test-driven development process.
- Developing MS-Excel and SQL server-based data-driven applications for historical data analysis.
- Providing prompt support to users regarding SQL server data
- Documentation regarding user support issues, queries and system errors to facilitate further improvements.
- Managing development documentation that includes technical and user documents
- Identification of issues and root causes in software and process environments to facilitate suitable solutions.
- Production support work includes troubleshooting system problems, proactive monitoring.
- Troubleshooting various issues as and when happens and determining the root cause of issues and follow through to remediation.
- Designing ad hoc data queries for user requirements. Undertaking small ad-hoc projects and tasks as directed or as required by the business.
- Monitoring the systems daily as a routine task to make sure that all the daily processes completed before the end-of-day process.
- Proactive and prompt support to the trading desk and supporting business users for day-to-day activities and operations.
- Managing and maintaining daily processes and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience with a small hedge fund management or fund management or asset management company.
- Experience in working closely with traders or trading desk related activities and supporting back office, middle office staff and analysts.
- Developing and delivering quality software applications within a structured environment.
- Experience in user interface design using MS-Access and MS-Excel forms.
- Excellent knowledge in SQL Server including database development, SQL programming
- Experience in programming of MS-Office object model using VBA, specifically MS-Access and MS-Excel and MS-Outlook
- Experience in full-cycle application development from logical design to delivering quality software applications, and besides providing application support and continuous improvements and enhancements.
- Experience in Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Dynamic System Development Methodology (DSDM) is an advantage.
- Experience supporting Bloomberg, Wind and Reuters and using APIs etc. is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good communication skills, excellent team working skills and able to work independently with own initiatives.
Please e-mail an application to email@example.com.
All information received will be used for recruitment-related purpose only.
Northwest Investment Management (HK) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.