Senior Risk Governance Manager
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
At Wells Fargo we have a new and exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Risk Manager based in Hong Kong.
The main function of the role will to be to provide support to the Regional Chief Risk Officer (RCRO) and the groups under the APAC Regional Risk framework, including: Compliance, Financial Crime, Credit, Market, Liquidity, Reputational and Operational Risk.
A critical function of this position is coordinating Risk Governance and Project activities across the APAC risk group with US based business managers and leaders, and ensuring consistency in approach with the other regions (EMEA/Canada/LATAM):
- Act as trusted advisor to the RCRO APAC and the rest of the Risk senior management team
- Risk COO Responsibilities for APAC - coordinating activities across all Risk types, all Lines of Business and Markets (12 countries)
- Chief of Staff functions
- Assist with the imbedding and execution of the dual accountability model for Independent Risk in APAC (RCRO and Enterprise Level Global Risk Stripes)
- Manage the aggregation of all risk information for use by the risk team and the formulation of risk reporting for governance purposes
- Manage internal communications across the Risk group, senior level presentations, off sites, etc.
- Conduct an ongoing operational review of the RCRO policies and practices, including the continuous identification and implementation of process and system improvements.
- Manage new initiatives and enterprise projects for the Risk group
Key Responsibilities Include:
•Work with the RCRO, and the Risk leaders to create and maintain a comprehensive strategic plan for the group's activities, and lead initiatives to enable its implementation.
•Find efficiencies across the APAC RCRO structure by understanding the needs of the constituent risk groups and the needs of the business (as they pertain to the risk functions) and creating appropriate strategic solutions.
•Work with senior leaders on day-to-day activities: communications with staff, staff planning & management, staff needs, hiring needs, recruiting needs, etc.
•Plan for and evaluate impact to the APAC risk groups of regulatory developments and industry mandates, then design & implement solutions to meet requirements.
•Ensure that the Disaster Recovery and BCP needs of the risk groups are met and successfully tested.
•Serve as the primary liaison between the Risk groups and the various support partners (legal, HR etc.); driving accountability across all internal functions.
•Drive infrastructure strategy on behalf of the Risk Groups.
•Close partnership and coordination with LOB business managers throughout APAC, in support of the RCRO and the APAC Risk groups.
•Consistently communicate the Risk vision and objectives to the Risk groups and provide direction and leadership as needed.
•Leads initiatives and Enterprise wide Projects for the Risk group, tracking of project deliverables and tasks with a high degree of understanding of highly complex processes and systems and their interdependencies, and regulatory and internal control requirements
•Reporting on a regular and ad hoc basis in relation to emerging issues and accountabilities.
•Attends the New Initiatives Committee and helps drive accountability for completion of due diligence. • Seek to drive efficiencies and evidence of credible challenge across all regional committees and forums.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Extensive proven Risk and or Compliance experience, from a similar role (10+ years)
- Holistic Risk Management experience across multiple Risk Types and Wholesale Lines of Business
- Experience in capital markets, asset management and/or lending businesses
- Strong influencing skills in a matrix reporting environment, with a proven ability to effectively and professionally interact at a high level with Senior and Executive management.
- Must be able to work independently while providing leadership and positive collaboration within a fast paced, team environment.
- Able to execute large complex initiatives in a large corporate environment, while effectively partnering with others.
- Background and/or experience in legal, compliance, risk management, business management and/or Governance of complex project and processes involving multiple disciplines within the organization.
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, including the ability to analyse business issues and identify key risks/mitigating controls, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with both the line of business and technical Team Members
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and documentation skills.
- Working knowledge of the US and APAC/International wholesale banking regulatory environment a distinct advantage
- Ability to manage many competing projects effectively for on-time delivery
- Self-starter and able to recognise opportunities for improvement and to act on those opportunities.
- Unquestionable ethics
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.