Senior Retail Banking and Wealth Management Operational Risk Oversight Manager - Global Risk
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Retail Banking and Wealth Management Operational Risk Oversight Manager.
In this role, you will
- Oversight of Retail Banking and Wealth Management business lines including insurance and asset management and Global Private Banking businesses on a case by case basis.
- Oversee and assist senior management within Retail Banking and Wealth Management business in Hong Kong to effectively identify, quantify manage and report the Operational Risk profile of their businesses as well as ensuring they operate a robust secondary control infrastructure and discharge their mandated Operational Risk responsibilities.
- Partakes in and leads aspects of oversight reviews of the operational risk management framework, including their use and embeddedness, for the Global Businesses.
- Assists management in challenging and advising the Global Businesses with regards to both management of specific risks and overall operational risk management.
- Identifies and escalates areas for operational risk management improvements in the Global Businesses including where dispensations to the operational risk policy are required.
- Engage in key change management initiatives to ensure that operational risk exposure is considered and addressed.
- Working as a key member of the Asia Pacific Retail Operational Risk team, the role will also involve collaborating with global and regional Operational Risk colleagues
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Flexibility and adaptability at work. Able to adapt to the ever evolving banking environment, particularly where changes in government legislations allow for increased expansion of the Bank's network and product base.
- Strong knowledge on the regulation regarding banking and asset management.
- Understand the concept of audit, operations and control
- Able to comply with statutory requirements and Group policies and guidelines.
- Highly organised, independent and able to exercise broad discretion with limited guidance and supervision.
- Hold a post graduate degree in accountancy, finance or business related discipline.
- Have Chartered Financial Analyst or audit of asset management business is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Exposure in the front line business is an added advantage.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Proficiency in English language is a must
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AFQR
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited