Senior Relationship Manager
The Relationship Manager (RM) is responsible for managing a portfolio of commercial relationships in APAC region who require services and products to meet their needs. In addition to being the senior point of contact for the client, the RM is accountable for relationship, acquisition and deepening existing relationships through cross-selling, driving relationship profitability and satisfaction. RMs develop credibility and demonstrate the ability to dialogue with a variety of client contacts including business owners, Treasurers, CFOs, and CEOs regarding topics such as the client industry, alternative capital structures, and general business issues.
RMs understand their client's business fully, serve as an advocate for the relationship within the bank and act as a trusted advisor for their relationships. RMs develop the overall relationship strategy through a thorough analysis of risks, opportunities and impacts to the bank, and is responsible for leading and coordinating client team members. The RM leads the relationship team and partners with credit, treasury and other BNY Mellon product partners to ensure quality assessment of the relationship and prospect needs and integrated design and execution of financial solutions. The RM is expected to consistently network in the community and with centers of influence.
The successful candidate will:
- The relationship manager has ultimate responsibility and will be held accountable for the overall heath and growth of the client relationship.
- Independently develops the strategic plan for managing and growing existing client relationships, with a focus on revenue retention
- Identifies opportunities to evolve client business for incremental account growth
- Serves in a consultative role to the client, advising client top leadership (C-Suite) on the best way to achieve short- and long- term strategic objectives
- Has developed significant expertise on industry trends, competitor services/offerings and client's business environment and provide clients with industry expertise sharing trends as well as current and potential impact on the client business model.
- Primary client advocate and ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction
- Consult with clients on their strategic vision and how the firm can help them achieve that vision
- Promote firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges and achieve account growth
- May evaluate and structure deal (pricing, contract terms, etc.) to determine the optimal terms for both the client and the firm
- Conduct frequent and regular check-ins with assigned clients, ensuring their continued satisfaction and strategic alignment with firm services/product offerings
- Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement
- Typically recommend product/service enhancements internally to fill underserved client interests and recommend product/services directly to the client.
- A critical skill set is the ability to lead and communicate to a virtual service and coverage team to ensure firm-wide alignment on priorities, issues, and initiatives
- Work closely with business development teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed by account management and client service teams.
- Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction
- Contribute to the development of overall RM strategies for the unit
- May work with other Relationship Managers and/or marshal firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or firm thought leadership
- Recommend areas for firm thought leadership efforts based on client feedback and may deliver thought leadership feedback both internally and externally to clients
- Serves as the interface for compliance, regulatory, reputational matters between clients and the Bank
- Deliver client presentations, business acceptance, internal / external meetings, product collaboration, and sale execution
- Prepare, present, and drive the implementation of client account plans and client health checks
Experience & Qualifications:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Knowledge of Custody, Capital Markets, Hedge and Private Market Investments would be beneficial facilitating the lifecycle management Alternative clients
- Experience in Sales, Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management
- Proven track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships
- Proven ability to navigate and develop internal and external networks
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability
- Capable of organizing, facilitating, leading, and negotiating with partner teams to resolve issues
- Ability to manage risk and support sound decisions
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business
Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong Job:
Asset Servicing Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Admin Groups-HR08979 Requisition Number: