Nomura Overview Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
- Oversee the delivery of projects for Equities and Prime IT and update stakeholders and project teams.
- Gather business requirements by working closely with various business users – trading, operations, finance, risk & back office technology.
- Documenting these requirements and working with development team to implement them.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope and on budget
- Develop project plans and track progress including updates to management
- Coordinate project resources and manage relationships with stakeholders
- Mitigate risks and escalate issues to management and stakeholders
- Coordinating System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing for software releases
- Monitoring and reporting project status including tracking of issues
- Co-ordinate project meetings, produce minutes and report on status across the work streams
- The incumbent will be responsible for managing a team of two people locally in Hong Kong
Key Experience & Skills
- Degree holder or above
- Experience within Equities and/or Prime IT
- Strong experience within the IT Project Life Cycle is essential
- Proven Business analysis and documentation skills and a track record in working in programme management office capacity
- Experience with large scale project management
- The successful candidate will need to have strong presentation skills, an excellent understanding of Project Management concepts and an ability to champion and challenge these processes.
- The role demands a strong negotiator, with excellent communication skills and stakeholder management abilities.
- Ability to influence key decision makers, peer groups and functions outside direct control, excel in a structured but complex working environment and possess clear presentation skills to delivery programme status providing transparency to sponsors and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, able to perform detailed gap analysis on multiple systems
- Experience with business analyst functions – gathering requirements and documenting them, coordinating User Acceptance Testing, interacting with different business units
- Ability to examine project needs, business needs, and provide improvements on them
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory
- Skilled in using MS Office Tools – Project, Visio, Word and Excel
- Database knowledge and general SQL ability are nice to have
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.