- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Project Manager - SCB Securities Services
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Project Manager - SCB Securities ServicesAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Purpose
A Senior Project Manager with related domain experience in a Financial Institution (Securities, Custody, Settlements, Clearing, Reference Data) is required to define and execute specific investment projects which look to aid business growth (revenue, geographic, volume), improve client satisfaction, replace legacy technology, streamline processes and reduce operational risk. The role will involve all standard aspects of formal project management with a strong focus on delivery in a matrix environment and stakeholder management with sales, product, technology and operations
The Role Responsibilities
- Defining and refining the project plan and project strategy from high level requirements through to detailed project execution and completion.
- Ownership of End-to-end (technical and non-technical) delivery of strategic projects including a major platform upgrade.
- Stakeholder management, ensuring all project communications are timely, accurate and professionally structured to meet varying stakeholder needs.
- Ensuring all elements of the project have strong hygiene, meeting internal project audit and compliance standards.
- Implement robust project financial management.
- Implement and manage a robust and balanced project risk register taking ownership for risk resolution, mitigation and escalation plans.
- Implement appropriate project structures to ensure smooth and consistent delivery towards defined project milestones.
- Build strong project team working environment and relationships, managing and actively resolving conflicts.
- Lead relevant steering committees, senior management sessions and any relevant workshops.
- Implementing and managing a strong benefits tracking and traceability process within the project.
- Proactively manage vendors and internal/offshore teams to delivery milestones and quality parameters.
The Role Requirements
- Educated to Degree level with PMP or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in managing analysis streams and virtual / matrix management of technology delivery functions both offshore and with vendors.
- Deep & proven experiences as a Project manager across similar domain at a leading financial institution.
- Excellent command over English and Korean languages (both verbal and written) - Mandatory.
- Proven vendor management experience (contracts/sourcing, negotiation, delivery, resourcing).
- Proven experience in developing, managing and refining project strategy papers.
- Proven experience in successfully completing complex deliveries with interfacing teams across different sectors of the financial institution.
- Proven experience in managing scope where requirements and priorities could be dynamic.
- Desirable: Domain expertise across the securities services/custodian space with special focus on settlements, clearing and reference data.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.