Senior Programme/Project Planner for a complex project. Its for an insurer, but we are open to amazing planners/project/programme managers from other industries. To succeed Innovation is looking for a proactive person with a can-do attitude who is great at Microsoft Project. Ultimately, the duties are to ensure that all project activities are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
- Manage a lengthy programme plan with 10 contributing project plans on MS Project server, deadline fixed at 30 months, circa 300 resources and across 10 countries.
- Break the work-breakdown-structure down into small enough tasks to ensure accountability of delivery teams is revealed
- Liaise and subject-matter expert teams and satellite project teams to ensure the plans align with material realities of delivery
- Work with project teams to prepare and update the project plans/dependencies/assumptions/schedules/resources/constraints based on scope of work
- Analyse the impact of change requests on programme and project plans and their resources, remediate conflicts with stakeholders (especially when change requests impact testing)
- Manage the RAG status of level 1,2,3 etc milestones and identify activities that require management focus.
- Monitor risks, issues and opportunities.
- Prepare presentations and visual aids for communicating with stakeholders, such as plans on a page
- Share best practice planning approach with stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project and Project Server.
- Ability to respectfully challenge stakeholders and methodically undertake problem solving
- Ability to use initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Actively participate and contribute in project meetings, to take initiative in driving the project decision-making and direction as a key member of the team
- Good written English language ability. Attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical information and good report writing. Communication in other Asian languages is an advantage, but not essential.
- Insurance and banking experience desirable, not essential
Behavioural Competencies: -
- Excellent attention to detail, motivated individual with a tenacious attitude
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
- Ability to react to demanding and changing deadlines
- Experience managing senior stakeholders
- Highly organised with the ability to identify and monitor items from multiple sources
- Ability to influence other parties to complete activities