Senior Programme Manager, Greater Bay Area - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Programme Manager, Greater Bay Area
. Principal responsibilities
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimizes the plan to maximize benefits and minimize risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality
- Effectively coordinates multiple projects across geographies
- Oversees the governance of projects, risks, issues, dependencies, assesses the impact on the benefit realization for the projects and takes action to minimize impact, actively challenging and removing obstacles
- Influences and collaborates with stakeholder and delivery partners to drive the right project outcomes. Represents the project team at discussions regarding project prioritization and to create buy in for risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Obtains sponsor and stakeholder buy in to plans, key commitments and changes against baseline as they arise
- Obtains sponsor and stakeholder sign off for deliverables, formally closes project, assesses stakeholder satisfaction and captures feedback
- Articulates to stakeholders the targeted benefits and takes joint responsibility for benefits realization
- Manages the sponsor, working with them to ensure project deliverables are met
- Plans and manages the implementation of the change, to ensure benefits are realized and that the transition from current state to target state is smooth. Ensuring that the organization and other change audiences are ready, willing and able to function in the new business environment
- Works closely with delivery partners on planning, designing and estimating, bringing together delivery partner teams and actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success
- Promotes pace and energy within the team and leads by example
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English
- Excellent understanding of Hong Kong and China retail banking and wealth management practices and market landscape
- Proven leadership skills, with a track record of building and motivating high performance teams
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, persuading and communication skills, applicable through multiple channels such as written, spoken, workshops, presentations
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal or external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and changing priorities
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of best practice within Project Management and Business Analysis standards, tooling and process
- Excellent team leader and player, able to lead others into action, and with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to find ways of solving or preempting problems.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.